News: New update to garrysmod you need new downloads.
https://realityroleplay.com/perp25/index.php?topic=566.0
workshops
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139729204

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fire extingisher for players  (Read 2353 times)

Offline (ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ)(TMEx)Nsbwol

• GOLD VIP
Fire extingisher for players
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »
Tired of all the fucking mollies and stove explosions players should be able to buy the extingishers (sorry tired and fail spelling) so they can put the fires out instead of worrying about the fire fighters who almost all the time come to late. Dont make it perm just make it to were it runs out like starts out at 100% then goes down more times u use it or something .

RealityRoleplay Perp Forums

Fire extingisher for players
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »

Offline [HZ]SFC. shc-boomer

• DIAMOND VIP
Re: Fire extingisher for players
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »
We have thought about this in the past, but what eventually ends up happening is that people will make firefighters obsolete. Why have a firefighter when you can just have civilians do everything.

Offline [HZ]-R Might of Sithis

• GOLD VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:32:39 AM »
You could increase fire spread rate, or change it depending on which texture it's on, that would also add realism. Or depending on the reason of the fire, the bigger the starting fire :D I have always wanted an extinguisher, I always feel bad after a car accident.

Offline *** Ray

• DIAMOND VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »
You could increase fire spread rate, or change it depending on which texture it's on, that would also add realism. Or depending on the reason of the fire, the bigger the starting fire :D I have always wanted an extinguisher, I always feel bad after a car accident.

A lot of people complain because of the lag they get when there's a huge amount of fire.

Your idea is good though, but I think that the best way to practice this idea is if that there are no firefighters, fire extinguishers are enabled for citizens, and when there are, they're disabled. But you'll still have to buy a fire extinguisher from a store otherwise it's just a fail... And it should be expensive (like 2k :P)

Offline [HZ]-R Might of Sithis

• GOLD VIP
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 01:16:53 AM »
Yeah, that sounds good. But I do like the fire spread rate depending on the texture...I mean, would be cool if fires didn't start on concrete, but if its near wood it spreads like wildfire

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »
Tired of all the fucking mollies and stove explosions players should be able to buy the extingishers (sorry tired and fail spelling) so they can put the fires out instead of worrying about the fire fighters who almost all the time come to late. Dont make it perm just make it to were it runs out like starts out at 100% then goes down more times u use it or something .

its called 911

Offline Max Hayfire

• DIAMOND VIP
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »

its called 911

You aren't getting the point. What if there are no firefighters on, or the firefighters are idiots/afk/not doing job?
911 doesn't do shit for you, then...

However, in my own opinion, I am usually able to get a medic who is on duty, or an officer, to go firefighter. All you have to do is alert people that there is a huge ass fire in your house, and trust me, they'll come running.

Offline [HZ]SGM. Wepnet

• DIAMOND VIP
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Exactly what boomer said been thought off and got denied cant really remember why but yea.