News: New update to garrysmod you need new downloads.
https://realityroleplay.com/perp25/index.php?topic=566.0
workshops
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139729204

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Extortion  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
Extortion
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »
I got banned for extorting.

Basically me and an organization member asked a house dealer for insurance, or like a racketeering  segment.
He refused so we firebombed his place, we never went in, nor took weed, since we had no knowledge.

I've never seen anything on the rules for Extortion and nor see the reason why it is failing.
I talked to Urban Ninja i believe and he said it was okay, the second he asked another admin he gave me a ban without allowing me to find where it says that extortion is illegal.

I know i've been a minge in the server, i'm not going to fight the ban i just want clarity upon the REASON why i had the ban.

has been sent to your bank account.
[Me] ** Greggory knocks on rios bos house
[Local] Rio Bos: Hello
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: hello?
[Yell] Rio Bos: What do you need?
[Me] ** Jacob creams in pants
[Yell] Rio Bos: I don't want to buy any orange glow
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: hi were with a security company and we were wondering if you would like to pay for insurance
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: we provide exellent protection for 500 dollars
[Yell] Rio Bos: No thank you. Have a nice day
[Local] Jacob Ryan: hello
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: are you sure? fires are very common now a days
You have earned $56 from your unemployment check. (8% Income Tax) It has been sent to your bank account.
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: we dont want your house to go in flames
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: it would be a shame
[OOC] Lawlstad: wtf
[OOC] Sam: what
[OOC] Lawlstad:
[Local] Rio Bos: I don't need any, thanks.
[OOC] Lawlstad: whoops
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: okay then your call
[Me] ** Greggory knocks on jets door
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: hello?
[Local] Jet Hampton: Yes sir?
[Me] ** Jacob slightly creams in pants
[OOC] ?Storm: lol
You have earned $56 from your unemployment check. (8% Income Tax) It has been sent to your bank account.
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: hi were with a security company and we were wondering if youd like to pay 500 for insurance
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: were exellent protection
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: fires are very common here it would be a shame if your house would go in flames
[Local] Jacob Ryan: better than that condom that failed me when i creamed myself moments ago
[Local] Jet Hampton: Ill fucking kill you if you do anything.
[Local] Jacob Ryan: us?
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: alright your loss
[Local] Jacob Ryan: were trying to help you but so long
[Organization] Greggory Ghouslby: come back to the lobby
[Local] Greggory Ghouslby: hi
[Local] Jacob Ryan: yo
[Organization] Greggory Ghouslby: wait for the guy to leave
[Organization] Greggory Ghouslby: take ur gun out
[Me] ** Greggory Pulls out a gun from hidden area
[Local] Jacob Ryan: brb
[Me] ** Greggory takes out a molotov
[Local] Don Bonster: rdm
[OOC] Jet: I just got rdm'd
[OOC] [GMV] Digi: ./report it
[Me] ** Greggory takes out a molotov
[OOC] Sam: well /report is the answer!
[OOC] Jet: I did
[OOC] SHAKES: Can i get an admin to slay me or something  i done have my fists or phys gun
[OOC] Sam: type /report Could a admin respawn me, I have no weapons.
[OOC] Karnix: we didnt rdm it was a raid

Thats an example of the logs on our part.. im not going to clean it since you guys are going to accuse me of doing so. if you want an SS please ask

RealityRoleplay Perp Forums

Extortion
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
Re: Extortion
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
(sorry for double posting but i cant edit my posts)

If this isnt in the rules then maybe to control over extorting perhaps you allow a 20 minute waiting time per group or so.

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
[OOC] Karnix: okay so i just skimmed towards the rules and it says nothing about extortion
[Advert] Buying Diamond VIP 1.5M PM Gage
[OOC] Karnix: other then concering raids on rule 8
[OOC] [HZ]Cpl. ???????: You're basically raiding without a reason
You have earned $60 from your unemployment check. (0% Income Tax) It has been sent to your bank account.
[OOC] Karnix: during the logs i stated and given hints negative consequences would occur if he refused to pay for extortion
[OOC] BoS: What about random molotaving a house? Hm...?
[OOC] Karnix: he could of easily killed me, or called the cops
[OOC] [HZ]Cpl. Urban Ninja: and if noone wants to pay for false products or protection, you dont go molling there house and killing them
[OOC] [HZ]Cpl. ???????: You could have easily killed him as well
[OOC] [HZ]Cpl. ???????: You broke the rules of raiding.. And we've had issues with you before
You have earned $60 from your unemployment check. (0% Income Tax) It has been sent to your bank account.
[Advert] Vote Manny doe for a mayor who you can trust, someone who will do the right thing for his city and people
[OOC] ?Storm: killjoy
Disconnect: Kicked by Console : I meant to ban instead of kick, Extortion, failraid, failrp, rdm..
Disconnect: Kicked by Console : I meant to ban instead of kick, Extortion, failraid, failrp, rdm..

Love the fact that extortion has nothing in the rules and i got banned for 2 days, and guys extortion isnt a failure to raid, i had a REASON to raid and i RPED everything please guys ..

READ RULE 8 PLEASE

Offline Reyjakai

• DIAMOND VIP
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:33 PM »
We generally have an unspoken rule that you can't use molotov's unless you are raiding.  From what I've seen, I think there might be some of an exception here.  How long are you banned for?

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
we were basically raiding due to his inability to pay for our racketeering services.

However if killslick doesn't accept extortion as a rp activity can you please stat so in the rules, i really didnt mind the ban as much since I hardly get online anymore but what gets me is that the ban was considered even though it wasn't listed in the rules. But regardless if any other admin can put their feedback on this idea it would greatly be appreciated. Since on the server itself i would get banned over having this considered  :P

Offline [HZ]SGM. Wepnet

• DIAMOND VIP
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:28:39 AM »
Guys. Please take Screenshot of Chat/Console Cause we cant really use "Copy/Paste" Text... It could be editted. So please take a screenshot next time..

-Wepnet

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
Guys. Please take Screenshot of Chat/Console Cause we cant really use "Copy/Paste" Text... It could be editted. So please take a screenshot next time..

-Wepnet

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hells_realm/screenshots febuary 13th 2012

Offline Karnix

• BRONZE VIP
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »
I just want to know if extortion is an okay thing to do on the server